SOUTHERN BAPTIST HAVE BEEN MANIPULATED FOR YEARS BY IN HOUSE ACTIVIST, THEIR OWN PRESS, FEMINIST, LGBTQ AND RACIAL ADVOCATES AND NOW BY THEIR OWN LEADERSHIP TO SETTLE A #METOO MOVEMENT DEMANDING JUSTICE- DE&I -REFORMS. DISPENSING “JUSTICE” DEFINES THE SBCs NEW FAITH & MISSION.
Rev Thomas Littleton
Many are asking where their once conservative denominations or movements are landing after the present “reforms” and pressures from #MeToo accusations, global inequity assessments, systemic racism metrics, LGBTQ+ appeasements and the general push to subject Christian faith to the winds of change and the whims of change agents.
ANSWER? The institutional church in America and beyond is breathing it’s last. While some hope for a heaven sent awakening, Revival is not likely to come for the institutions and is only possible biblically and historically after those institutions are gone and much harm and loss brings true deep and widespread repentance.
THE DYSTOPIAN FAITH OF THE NEW CHURCH
dys·to·pi·an /disˈtōpēən/ adjective
- relating to or denoting an imagined state or society where there is great suffering or injustice.”the dystopian future of a society bereft of reason”
THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION WENT INTO ANAHEIM AS A COMPLEMENTARIAN MOVEMENT AND EMERGED AS AN EGALITARIAN ONE
Thanks to the 2021 strategically and intentionally timed ordination of 3 women for “pastoral ministry” (directly in conflict with the “Baptist Faith and Message “) by Rick Warren- an “investigation” had been ordered. That investigation would be a round one field exercise for the newly “Repurposed Credentials Committee ” ( more on that in a moment) to investigate Saddleback and Warren for the women pastors ordination. The Report from the Credentials Committee was to be made at the 2022 annual meetings. Meanwhile June 2022 , just before the Convention, Warren announced his own Pastoral successors- a Pastoral COUPLE – he and she pastors to replace him at Saddleback. So for the second year in a row Warren launched his intentionally controversial “news” the week before the convention.
REPURPOSED CREDENTIALS COMMITTEE CAN’T DEFINE “PASTOR”
At the 2022 meetings the “Repurposed Credentials Committee” gave its Report on the 2021 investigation of Saddleback ordination of Women and decided it could not and would not condemn Warren and Saddleback’s clear violation of the simple language of the Baptist Faith and Message on ordination and gender roles in ministry because it was “not sure about the meaning of the word PASTOR” .
The Credentials Committee Report was followed by the sudden apparition of a extremely rotund and self inflated Rick Warren touting his accomplishments and contributions to the the SBC and declaring women ordination controversy to be a “secondary issue “.
THE MAGIC OF CELEBRITY PASTORS
And just like that the SBC is now egalitarian. If the reader does not understand why this is a problem on the eve of the SBC bearing the full brunt of the DE&I reforms and #MeToo activism by feminist and LGBTQ operatives- then look at what these forces have done and are doing to other denominations and movements.
Thanks to its own leadership -the SBC is now fully in the hands of these politically and culturally driven forces.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST IN 2022 -A TIMELINE
NOTE- ALL of the below actions and decisions were “top down” SBC leadership manipulations but they are referred to repeatedly as “the will of the messengers”.The ongoing operations of top down manipulations have become glaringly obvious and look more like a trail of bread crumbs leading the SBC into the hands of those demanding an end to its conservative biblical stance on women’s roles in ministry, LGBTQ and as yet pending class action lawsuit settlements on sex abuse claims. Following all this years machinations is a coming push for racial reparations. Just wait and see.
The points below recount how Baptist have been led along by their own leaders to put in motion and empower their own demise .
- Baptist were “exposed “for sex abuse and covering it up in time for 2018 Convention in Dallas after #MeToo movement had taken out Conservative Resurgence Baptist icon Paige Patterson in what Albert Mohler then called “The Wrath of God Pour Out- The Humiliation of the Southern Baptist Convention.”
- Newly elected SBC President J D Greear and Russell Moore of the eRLC set up an conference and marketed “resources” to “address abuse” from which basically nothing came about
- SBC messengers at the 2019 Annual meetings were led to vote in the “Repurposing of a Credentials Committee ” from handling annual registration of messengers to the annual meetings into a sort of “search and destroy” centralized power mechanism for identifying and dealing with non compliant, formerly autonomous churches and their operations and ordination of ministers IF they were deemed to be out of line with coming reforms over sex abuse, race , LGBTQ issues and more.
- In 2019 SBC messengers were led vote in a Resolution (9) to affirm the use of Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality as “useful analytical tools ” along with the Gospel. This gave place to the needed activist metrics for projecting systemic guilt on race, gender and other perceived victims across the SBC for the sins of a few.
- In May of 2021 the long time subversive Democrat Party machine activist Russell Moore was finally tossed out as head of the ERLC though his henchmen remain in charge. Another of his departed henchmen “leaked ” a letter of Moore’s accusing the SBC leadership in the Executive Committee of “covering up Sex Abuse” (recharging the floundering #MeToo movement) and of widespread “racism ” across the SBC.
- Messengers were again led to call for and vote in a new Sex Abuse Task Force to “investigate ” the accusations of Moore in the “leaked letter”. This Task Force has since :
- 1- Hired Diversity Equity and Inclusion driven Guidepost Solutions operated by a staff of former DHS/ FBI/ Intelligence Community government compliance officers.The SBC Task Force then used as leverage of the supposed “will of the SBC Messengers” to force the SBC Executive Committee to waive Attorney/ Client Privilege ,forcing out significant numbers of the Executive Committee , off setting and reshaping the balance of power while robbing accused conservative members of legal representation.This action also caused the law firm which had represented the SBC /EC for some 68 years to resign. In the final Reports few left leaning structures and individuals were NOT part of the targeted class in the GuidePost /Task Force report. It is impossible to see this move as anything other than the outcomes make it appear.
- 2- The Task Force hired its own law firm which is a long time partner of LGBTQ organization Human Rights Campaign “developing litigation strategies” for the advance of LGBTQ Equality”. (In all 5 new law firms -all very pro HRC-very pro LGBTQ- very pro DE&I filled in the voids left by departing representatives. The new Executive Committee law firm even sponsors the Nashville Pride Parade where the SBC EC offices are housed in the SBC headquarters.
- 3. Guidepost Solutions own Public Relations firm boast in it’s DE&I statements: “We don’t work with businesses or individuals whose actions or beliefs we believe undermine gender, LGBTQ+, ethnic, racial or social equality.”
- Now the “findings” of the Sex Abuse Task Force and the “Reforms” of the Guidepost Solutions “Investigation” will be implemented and overseen by yet another Task Force . The Abuse Reform Implementation Task Force will now take charge with seed money funding provided by Send Relief which is the SBCs NAMB/IMB partner in Faith Based Partnerships funding grants with government agencies. These partnerships demand non discriminatory policies in the distribution of goods and services they partner with government agencies with government funding to provide. Such partners are also unable to engage in ANY explicitly religious activity like prayer, bible study, worship, or “Proselytism” aka evangelism aka The Great Commission which Southern Baptist leaders still tout as the vision and mission of the movement. In actuality this is no longer the case. THIS is the hard reality behind all of the monkey business going on in the SBC and other movements and ministries involved in these partnerships with the government and as NGOs in the global humanitarian sphere. For Baptist, fixing it’s “historic and systemic racism” will be next after the #MeToo lawsuits.
- Send Relief has committed $4 million in seed money to the new fund for victims and has committed to set up part of the implementation.Baptist ARE being told this money is NOT part of their missions funding donations -nor is it being told WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM INSIDE SEND RELIEF which happens to be one of the entities most directly involved in Faith Based Partnerships which require the “Reforms” and of course there is more money where that came from.
Messengers in the SBC went to Anaheim CA. Annual Convention to place an exclamation point on a 13 year process of culture change which began when SBC Executive Committee CEO Frank Page joined the 2009 Obama White House Faith Based Neighborhood Partnerships Inaugural Advisory Board to set the SBC in the stream of government grants and partnerships. There Page joined activist from Human Rights Campaign, ARCUS, progressive Muslims, feminist, Democratic activist, and host of change agents to find “common ground for the common good” and access a plenty to tax dollars. Non Discrimination Policies were and remain front and center in these partnership and the Gospel and biblical order and fidelity to it’s own “Baptist Faith and Message” would have to take a back seat and be eventually dismantled .
“Community Development”- “FEMA Disaster Relief”- Muslim and Latin American Immigration resettlement- etc.
HERE IS THE SBCs NEW MISSION OUTLINED IN THE 2009 REFORMS OF THE FBP PROGRAM
Inaugural Advisory Council
The inaugural Advisory Council published its report of recommendations to the President in 2010. Chapters of the report are devoted to each of the following six subject areas.
- Economic Recovery and Domestic Poverty
- Reform of the Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Office
- Fatherhood and Healthy Families
- Interreligious Cooperation
- Environment and Climate Change
- Global Poverty and Development
SOME OF THE PARTNERS SBC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE CEO PAGE JOINED
CEO, Christian Community Development Association
Dr. Arturo Chávez
President and CEO, Mexican American Catholic College
Rev. Peg Chemberlin
President-Elect, National Council of Churches; Executive Director, Minnesota Council of Churches
Senior Director, The Arcus Foundation ( HUGE LGBTQ FUNDING ORGANIZATION)
Dr. Joel C. Hunter
Senior Pastor, Northland, A Church Distributed ( LOOK THIS GUY UP-TOTAL COMPROMISED THIRD WAY ADVOCATE)
Director, Religion and Faith Program, Human Rights Campaign Foundation ( 1 OF THE LARGEST PRO LGBTQ EQUALITY ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD OUTSIDE PLANNED PARENTHOOD)
Dr. Frank Page
Pastor, Taylors First Baptist Church; President Emeritus, Southern Baptist Convention
Founder and Executive Director, Interfaith Youth Core
Anthony R. Picarello, Jr.
General Counsel, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops ( WHICH RECEIVED OVER $5.4 BILLION IN GOVERNMENT FUNDING AND CHOOSE WORLD RELIEF TO RECRUIT EVANGELICAL PARTNERS FOR MUSLIM RESETTLEMENT IN US)
Rev. Larry J. Snyder
President and CEO, Catholic Charities USA
Richard E. Stearns
President, World Vision United State ( ANOTHER HUGE IMMIGRATION PARTNER)
“The particular faith that motivates each of us can promote a greater good for all of us. Instead of driving us apart, our varied beliefs can bring us together to feed the hungry and comfort the afflicted; to make peace where there is strife and rebuild what has broken; to lift up those who have fallen on hard times.”
— President Barack Obama
“The White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships forms partnerships between government and non-profit organizations, both secular and faith-based, to more effectively serve Americans in need. The Office does so in ways that are consistent with the guarantees of the U.S. Constitution and other laws.“
“The White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships coordinates Centers for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships in various federal agencies. Each Center forms partnerships between its agency and faith-based and neighborhood organizations to advance specific goals.”
“For example, the Department of Labor (DOL) Center forms partnerships between DOL and community-based groups to better integrate those groups in job training and workforce development programs. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center helps to link DHS with community-based groups to address disaster response. Similar efforts are being implemented through Centers at the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Education, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Justice, and Veterans Affairs as well as the Small Business Administration, Corporation for National and Community Service, US. Agency for International Development and the Environmental Protection Agency.”
THE KISS OF DEATH IS BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS …WITH AND AGENDA
FBP PARTICIPATION IS A MAJOR REASON THE SBC IS BEING “REFORMED ” BY METOO AND CULTURAL WINDS.
This decision by SBC leadership cast a cloud over the SBC’s past which left it to be portrayed like an outmoded dystopian landscape filled with injustice -racism-homophobia-discrimination against women and minorities-and “right wing “voting patterns. All that was needed to end this massive white male dominated sect in America was a narrative of “white privilege” – xenophobia – oppression and victimization of women- gay hatred – white nationalism, tribalism, right wing extremism , insurrectionist , etc etc etc.
Add the #MeToo movement in 2018 and Baptist were facing their transformation from Conservative movement (among its membership at least) to an egalitarian , diverse , equitable, and inclusive partner is community transformation and global citizenry .Can the Southern Baptist be Saved is the question on both sides of the aisle. Not likely but never impossible with God.
FIRST THE REMEDY
Psalm 127:1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
How can we allow the winds of culture or the predetermined outcomes sought by activist agents of change instruct us on how CORRECT WRONG and to follow the Lord faithfully in His house? Baptist leaders in particular would have to come clean and stop the hustle of their members and messengers and get out of corrupt partnerships and funding. NOT likely to happen. It will NOT happen without a breaking and deep humility and repentance toward God from compromise – not a public show of repentance to appease activist.
WE NEED REPENTANCE -DEEP- FAR- AND WIDE
HOSEA 10:12 “Sow for yourselves righteousness;
Reap in mercy;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.”
AT THE MOMENT THE SBC HAS NO ONE LEADING THE MOVEMENT IN THIS BIBLICAL DIRECTION.
So what is left for the movement but to become a landscape littered with self identified victims and activist demanding justice for themselves and all those represented by the letters in the big DE&I tents ? And who will get “justice”? Only those who politics and points of view fit the future vision for the rebranded movement.
THE FALSE FUTURE OF CHURCH TEACHING
ONLY those who own and possesses the right to “apply” words like Justice and Equity – or Diversity Equity and Inclusion to the church are the ones who own and determine it’s future . Neither the Living God nor His Word are consulted in this grand scheme of how things ought to be.
Southern Baptist descended into their 2022 Annual meeting fully prepped by its leadership to collapse into the hands of those who will dismantle their faith.
After 5 years of relentless assault from the #MeToo accusations, disparity of the Biblical stance of most Baptist, and inside activist leaking emails and writing Washington Post and NY Times article the narrative is now fixed.
The portrait of current “DYSTOPIAN CHURCH” is now complete.
Now comes the flooding in of a broader agenda to bring REFORM to the faith of Baptist (along with every other faith movements followers in America) on gender roles in church, the nuclear family, race relations, sexuality , LGBTQ+ and in answer to the general projections of “inequity” , “systemic discrimination” , “homophobia”, tribalism, white privilege, and nationalism in the church. THIS is the landscape we have been told exist .
NOTE- ABUSE DOES EXIST ! BUT “JUSTICE” IS ONLY FOR SOME VICTIMS
FIRST PLEASE NOTE -abuses of all kinds have existed and have at times been covered up in the church. The SBC has a long established “good ole boy” network at the top tier of leadership in its Nashville national offices and in some of its primary institutions. Real Victims need help and need to know that future abuse is being prevented. However the current trending methods and partners to answer the problem of abuse is more often politically and agenda driven and performed by agents who do not share their common faith or values of Christian conviction. (MORE on this later) This ongoing situation has only been made worse, not by the conservative politics of Resurgence era Baptist, BUT by the bipartisan corruption and compromise inspired by dirty money from Faith Based Partnerships involvement since at least 2009.
Government money going into church ministries ,including almost all levels of the SBC is the REAL root of the problem.
Corruption, not conservative convictions is at the root of the problem and since the new REFORMS are being enacted by secular partners with deep ties to the government and inorder on many levels to assure compliance by Baptist leaders to “non discrimination” and Diversity Equity and Inclusion policies so assure GREAT FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES in the faith based models- more corruption and more money is certainly unlikely to stem any abuses or reenforce greater accountability .It never has so why would it now in “the present crisis”?
SAMPLES OF THE DOMINATE BAPTIST NARRATIVE
In a June 24th piece in hard left interfaith Religion News Service – Baptist #MeToo activist and former Liberty University / Jerry Falwell Jr employee Karen Swallow Prior asked the question ” Can the Southern Baptist Convention Be Saved? “. Prior must certainly be hoping on some level that the movement will survive and remain economically viable enough to sustain her present position as a professor in SEBTS one of the MORE -WOKE SBC seminaries. Prior remains not only an activist employed within the SBC but one of a herd of activist journalist fueling controversies and making demands of the SBC .
PRIOR RECOUNTS THE BAPTIST #MeToo HISTORY AND TAKES A JAB AT SLAVERY
“The SBC is not the only place, nor the only denomination, facing the #MeToo #ChurchToo problem, of course. Yet, the SBC plays an outsized role within the larger culture because of its present as the largest Protestant denomination in America and its past as a denomination founded on the defense of the evil institution of human slavery.”
PRIOR ALSO CALLS FOR HUMILITY AND ACCEPTANCE OF BAPTIST COLLECTIVE FATE
“The 300-page report detailing failure after failure to act is both “heartbreaking and horrifying,” Frank said. But, he continued, “The question before us today is — is it humbling?”
“Quoting the New Testament’s Letter of James, Frank (Cariman of the SATF) offered the assembly this challenge: “’Humble yourselves before the Lord.’ Not pray for humility, but do it. The pattern in the Bible is either we humble ourselves or God will humble us, by putting us in a humiliating circumstance.”
“The sex abuse report has indeed been a humbling circumstance for the Southern Baptist Convention. Of course, the greatest devastation has been borne by those who have endured the abuse, and understanding this, the messengers overwhelmingly approved the recommendations.”
“It was a momentous decision. Yet it was a decision years overdue and one that represents just one step in a long journey the denomination faces in better handling sexual abuse cases in its midst.”
BRUCE FRANK, HEAD OF THE TASK FORCE ON GUIDEPOST PR LGBTQ STANCE
The statement below is from a tweet during the SBC 2022 meetings by mega-church pastor and Baptist Sex Abuse task Force Chairman Bruce Frank. The flawed reasoning and utter ignorance is dumbfounding. Think about -the sexual and gender standards of a company in whose hands Baptist have placed themselves, their past and their future compliance “IS NOT AN ISSUE”.
“The issue is not what Guidepost thinks about LGBQ– the issue is what do Southern Baptists think of sexual abuse that is the issue. “
PRIOR ,RUSSELL MOORE, AND OTHER SBC ACTIVIST CIRCLE THE SBCs REMAINS
Reports from Lifeway Research, the SBC number crunchers admitted this year that the supposed 14 million strong SBC membership is actually down from about 5 million regular attendance on any given Sunday morning to 3.6 million. These numbers tell the sad story of universal decline in the Christian churches and denominations in America. Those movements like the PCUSA and Episcopal who have led the way 30-40 years ago in becoming more “Diverse -Equitable- and Inclusive are in a much steeper state of decline and many nearing unsustainable levels of attendance. Activist themselves like Karen Swallow Prior find themselves on a sinking ship. Russell Moore- her former boss at the Baptist Ethics arm has already abandoned ship.
The SBC with its in house activist and outside partners and dark money have only hastened their own demise by handing their bank accounts and their future over to the REFORMS demanded by who seek its demise as a Biblical movement. The idols of modern culture are now firmly and officially installed in every corner of the SBC . It cannot escape the CORRUPTION or the judgement which always follows these kind of poor decisions and deceptions.